Terms & Conditions
- The Standard Chartered Great City Race is open to employees of companies and businesses. Company and employee eligibility shall be decided by the event organisers, The London Marathon Ltd, whose decisions shall be final. By submitting your application you are agreeing to enter into the Event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the Event.
- You must register a minimum of four entrants to form ONE complete team: a male team has four men - OR - a female team has four women - OR - a mixed team has two men and two women.
- Employees of non-business organisations (e.g. national and local government and educational institutions) may compete and score only if they are on a team from the same unit at which they are employed.
- Team members must be employed, working a minimum 3 days a week for at least three months prior to race day for the company they are representing.
- Team members must be at least 18 years of age on Thursday 09 July 2015.
- Team members must be employed in the UK.
- Details of each participating team member must be included on your team's web page in order to be entered officially and to be eligible to run. By agreeing to be included on their company's web page, runners certify that they are medically fit to run and fulfil the previously-listed employment requirements.
- All participants must complete the medical emergency information on the back of their race numbers.
- All participants must wear their assigned race numbers, clearly visible on the front of the torso during the race. Numbers must be displayed in full view, and may not be folded or cut in any way.
- All participants must wear an IPICO Tag attached to the lace of their shoe. These will be sent along with race numbers to each Company Captain.
- At all times during the Event you must adhere to all instructions given by the Event officials. Participation in the Event is personal to the Team Member; They are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the Event or allowing any other person to wear the Event number. Any breach of this Condition shall render the entry void. If you are found to be in breach of this Condition we reserve the right to exclude you from participation in future Events
You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:-
- any wheeled device;
- any artificial aid;
- any pets or animals; or any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
- Due to the large number of entries to be processed, all company teams and team members acknowledge that company and individual entries which do not qualify under these rules, whether or not they have been accepted initially by the London Marathon Limited either before or after the race, may be disqualified.
- The London Marathon Limited reserves the right to delay, postpone, cancel, or not officially time the race in the event of adverse weather conditions. The determination of what constitutes adverse weather conditions is reserved solely to The London Marathon Limited. Entry fees are non refundable and non-transferable, except in the case of event cancellation where the cancellation is out with our control. In the event of cancellation of the Event we will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation including any travel or accommodation costs.
- The London Marathon Limited reserves the right to make additions, changes, or clarifications to the Event or these rules without prior notice to company teams or team members. The London Marathon Limited will endeavour to advise teams of any rule change prior to the race, but any such change shall be considered binding upon all company teams and team members whether or not a team or team member has received notice of the change prior to the race.
- All rules are subject to interpretation by the London Marathon Limited. All decisions of The London Marathon Limited are final.
- The London Marathon Limited reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entrant or team whose conduct is inappropriate to the spirit of the race. Individual disqualification may lead to the disqualification of the entire team and/or company for this and/or future races. It is expected that teams and team members will represent their company in the Standard Chartered Great City Race in a sportsmanlike and professional manner.
- Violation of any of the rules indicated herein may result in disqualification of any runner, team, and/or entire company for this and/or future events. The decision of the London Marathon Limited is final.
- Team prizes will only be awarded to companies whose business is not running related.
- The VIP teams are strictly by invitation only. If an uninvited team gets access to the VIP team area and adds and pays for a team, they will not be refunded and not permitted to take part in the event.
- Personal information includes names, addresses, dates of birth, employment and medical data collected for health and safety purposes ("Personal Information"). By entering the Event the Team Members agrees that the Personal Information relating to them can be stored, used by us and our Event partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event. Medical information may also be used to allow medical assistance to be given.
- Personal Information may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our Event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
Team Members that their name, image and contact details can be used by us and our Event partners for the purposes of:-
- the promotion and marketing of the Event;
- adding to a mailing list to keep people informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities;
- promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community based activities organised by our Event Partners, (together the "Marketing Information").
If a Team Member would not like us or our Event partners to use the Marketing Information or Personal Information other than for purposes related to their participation in the Event, please e-mail us.
- The Event may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs may be taken all of which may capture your participation in the Event. You agree to the publication of such photographs, filming, recording and broadcasts and their use by us and those authorised by us in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including but not limited to film, broadcast, radio, TV, publications and publicity. Any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
- In no event shall we be liable whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any loss or damage; loss of profit; loss of reputation; loss of business, revenue or goodwill; loss of anticipated savings; pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events;(b) is reasonably foreseeable; or(c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
To the extent permitted by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, neither London Marathon Limited nor Standard Chartered Limited will be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury whatsoever directly or indirectly occasioned by or resulting from the negligence, wrongful act or default of the London Marathon Limited, Standard Chartered Limited or their respective servants or agents or from any other cause, including any act of God or the physical condition of the participant.